Thursday, April 3, 2014

TMNT 2014 Cast Changes and Re-shoots

New voices actors for Leo and Splinter and new scenes for Raph and April.


It weird, Leo was the only Turtle not to have a line in the teaser.

Leo and Splinter will now be voiced by Jackass creator Johnny Knoxville and Tony Shalhoub instead of their actors Pete Ploszek and Danny Woodburn. Ploszek and Woodburn's contracts only applied to the motion-capture acting and not the dubbing. I don't know, maybe Danny Woodburn doesn't have a really good Japanese accent, if he ever spoke in one on Seinfeld I never heard it. Pete Ploszek has only had 2 appearances in his career that I haven't seen, so I don't know what kind of voice he has. 

As for the new voices, I never saw Monk or Jackass, but I did see the first Cars film and I also watched a documentary on Johnny Knoxville on YouTube and I saw his guest appearance on Spongebob Squarepants. Again I don't know, Shalhoub did a pretty good fake Italian accent in Cars but I never heard him speak in a fake Japanese accent. As for Knoxville, I'll need to hear his voice coming out of Leo before I form an opinion. 

However, I am on the Billy West camp when it comes to celebrity voice actors. If I had my choice of voice actors, Splinter would be voiced by Fred Tatasciore, because I know Splinter would sound great, however he looks. For Leo, either Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal.

The worst part of this is that this might push back the release of the next trailer.

As for the re-shoots, Megan Fox was pregnant during the primary filming so she, Will Arnett and Alan Ritchson will be heading back to film some scenes that they couldn't before.



Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment