Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Adventure Time - "Simon and Marcy" Review

It's finally here!


Spoiler ahead!

This is the episode I had been waiting for since the season's beginning. I was anticipating this episode more than "Bad Little Boy." And now Marceline finally tells us her relation with Ice King.

I liked the setting of the episode. It didn't have a real huge overlying plot. It was just younger versions Simon and Marceline living together in the post-apocalyptic world. I also like how at end of the episode that while we get a glimpse at Simon's future insanity, we don't see him go truly and permanently insane. I also noticed that Marceline is still human because she can eat food that isn't red.

I'm not sure how Simon going scavenging with Marceline fits in with the Christmas special continuity and in hindsight I really don't care.

This was a beautiful episode and I expected it to be since it is the last one to be storyboarded by Rebecca Sugar before she goes to work on "Steven Universe." If you haven't seen this episode yet, you should try as hard as you can to watch it the next time it's on or buy it on iTunes because it's easily worth the $1.99.

9.0 out of 10 


Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment