Monday, March 4, 2013

Adventure Time - "The Great Bird Man" Review


Xergiok Returns!


Spoilers Ahead!


I loved this episode.

Xergiok, the spank-happy goblin king from season two's "The Silent King," returns. Having been blinded by a wizard, he decided to devote his life to helping others, especially a flock of giant birds he found. However, after reuniting with Finn and Jake he is given a chance to return to his old ways.

If you have been reading my Adventure Time reviews so far, you know that I like it when they bring back one of the minor characters that have potential. Xergiok's return and redemption was great. Usually, whenever someone does a "redemption" story in a cartoon, it usually ends up with nobody trusting them and they go back to being evil, which was the case here. However, it done well enough that it doesn't feel cliche and also I like how at the end of the episode Xergiok was given one of the happiest endings I've seen for a villain on this show.

9.0 out of 10

If you agree or disagree with my opinion, leave your own in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment