Thursday, February 7, 2013

Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake Issue 2

I liked this issue much more than issue 1 because it feels like much more is happening in this issue.

One of the things I like about the Adventure Time gender-swapped characters is their originality. Most other gender-swapped universes in cartoons and comics are just the regular characters who act a little different because they are opposite genders. In Adventure Time, the gender-swap characters have different personalities and back stories from the original characters. This is especially true for Flame Prince, and I find him the most interesting character I've seen from this miniseries yet.

The back-up story is especially hilarious. It is also the first two-parter I've seen in an Adventure Time comic book. Everyone tells Fionna she needs a bath, a suggestion she continues to vehemently refuses to do. This is also the first speaking appearance of Lumpy Space Prince and he's exactly as we all envisioned him as.

I give this issue an 8.0. It was a good issue and a great follow up from the last one. However, I do have one minor nitpick about the artwork and that is mainly Fionna's buckteeth. I don't know why but I find them really visually distracting for some odd reason. I think its because they appear in almost every scene Fionna is in and they kinda stick out in the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment